TWELVE TACTICS FOR REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN TOUGH TIMES
Tactic #4. Find The Motivated
- Know the Numbers – Your Numbers and the Market Numbers
- The Minute Key Signs Show Up: Ramp up your lead generation and change your messaging!
- As leads become fewer you must: Attract more, get to them first and convert them faster!
- Your messages must be appropriate to the conditions.
- Make more direct offers that will attract responses.
- Do the sellers you are talking to really need to sell? Will they price their home to sell? Will they get it in the proper condition?
- Do the buyers really need and want to buy? Are they going to listen to you? Do they understand that there are good buys in every market?
Own The Outcome:
- You can never be sure what it will take to find enough motivated clients to achieve your numbers.
- Be willing to do whatever it takes.
- The easy business will have disappeared.
- Start with no spending.
- Play ‘red light, green light’
- Hold lead generation expenses accountable.
- Lead generation does not have to cost you money!
- Offer-response messaging will get the best results in the shortest time.
- Get proactive with direct prospecting. First to those you know, second to those who have indicated a need and third, to those who have contact you.
- GIVE THIS EFFORT AT LEAST THREE HOURS A DAY!!!
Your Message Matters:
- People respond if there is some direct benefit to them.
- Give them a reason to call.
- This is offer-response lead generation.
- Make an offer – response can either be direct or indirect.
- Make offers for immediate response.
- It is a numbers game!
Get in the Path of Business:
- Don’t cocoon.
- Don’t stay in the office.
- Get out of the house.
- Take it to the streets.
- Ask, seek and knock.
Tactic #5. Getting to the Table That Matters – Lead Capture and Conversion
- The bigger truth about lead generation is that it is actually ‘lead conversion’.
- Leads are scarce-so conversion becomes critical.
- It is a 3 step process: Capture-Connect-Cultivate.
The Two Battles:
- The Battle to get to the listing table
- The Battle at the table to get the listing
- Lead conversion requires more than just winging it.
- Your capture system will insure that you get enough information from the lead that you can contact them.
- Your connection system will generate a timely, scripted response, which will naturally lead to a conversion, which then allows you to assess their needs and establish a relationship.
- Your cultivation system will record your follow-up contacts, assure the building of relationships, and keep you on the path to appointments.
The Conversion Process:
- The three C’s of conversion – Capture, Connect and Cultivate – deploy both scripts and systems.
- The only question will be which comes first.
Tactic #6. Catch People in Your Web – Internet Lead Generation
- If people visit your websites and you never know who they are, what has it gained you?
- Many agents get caught up in the internet excitement and don’t really think clearly about their strategy.
- They become frustrated at what it is costing them and how little business they are converting from it.
- If they don’t leave any trail you can follow, they’re just a ship passing in the night.
- Be sure your site has a way for the consumer to register and a reason to do so.
Baiting The Hook:
- You have to give them a reason to register.
- Your site must have ‘thin bait’ that attracts people to your site and keeps them there for a while.
- Then you must offer something more, the ‘fat bait’ for them to want to register.
- Once they have registered, fast response is critical.
- You ca use email and text messaging.
Long Term Cultivation:
- Today’s buyers begin their research early.
- Your systems will need to be able to retain and grow these relationships with a sustained effort.
- But, don’t assume that it will always take a long time or many contacts.
- Check their pulse and get them started on the active search process.
Return on Your Lead Generation Investment – The Truths:
- The cost-per-lead converted is not very different from most of the fundamental lead generation approaches.
- Internet lead generation does not cost less.
- Technology and the internet are no longer a choice.
- Their relative importance, position, and cost in your lead geneeration program is a choice.